Security Audit Example
The goal of security is to make your property a less appealing target.
Things to look at
Road Facing Yard
- Determine if Trees and/or Shrubs obstruct Line of Sight?
- Determine if Trees and/or Shrubs provide Hiding Spots for someone?
- Are Flood Lights Present and Working?
Exterior Door and Door Frame Area
- Deadbolt Hole determine if 1 inch deep. One way to check if the area that the arrows are pointing at does not touch the strike when full inserted in hole then hole is not 1 inch deep.
- Is Screen Door Present? (This Suggestion is from Peel Regional Police)
- Is the Door Rubbing or hard to move
- Screw length the longer the better,Recommended length is (3 to 4 inches)
- Is there a Peephole or Window close to Door?